Category: Mediterranean Diet, Monastic Recipes of Mount Athos.
Preparation time: 2h 20min + 12h soak in the water
- 300 gr. black beans
- 250 gr. agaricus white mushrooms cut into slices
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tea cup of ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 400 gr. "on grated tomatoes" or chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped mint (optional)
- freshly ground pepper
1. Put the beans in a large bowl with plenty of water and let them soak for at least 12 hours (or the night before). The next day rinse them well.
2. Put giants and bay leaf in a pot with water to boil, at first over high heat and boil just turn down the volume and boil with misoskepasmeni pot. When necessary, skim and leave them to boil for about 1 -1½ until tender.
3. In a wide, shallow pot, heat olive oil and sauté the onion and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add the beans and boiling water in which boiled enough to misoskepazei them.
5. Add the mint, parsley and if you need extra salt and pepper.
6. Cover with lid and bake in a preheated oven at 180º C for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and continue baking for another 20 minutes until golden brown, to melosoun well, to drink their fluids and stay with their sauce.