Category: Mediterranean Diet, Sicily recipe.
Preparation time: 30min
- 250-300 g. spaghetti (ideally use bucatini)
- 10-12 sardines cleaned from bones (only fillets), cut into 3 pieces
- 4 anchovy fillets
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 15 g. baked crumb of bread
- 30g. dill boiled (or better, or fennel sprigs of fennel)
- 20 g. pine seeds
- 20 g. raisins
- 1.5 g. saffron $ (a pinch) dissolved in warm water
- 50 ml. White wine
- 3 sprigs parsley chopped
- 50 ml. vegetable stock (optional)
- 2 tbs ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
1. Boil half a bunch of dill (or fennel) for four minutes and keep the water to boil into the spaghetti.
Put the raisins in the wine to suck liquids.
Furthermore rub coarse crumbs from 2 slices of bread and bake in a pan under the grill for 3-5 minutes to get color and texture toast.
Clean the sardines fillets and cut them in two, while you put the saffron in a shot glass of warm water to beat the flavors and color.
Once you have completed the preparatory work and you have all the materials ready, put the pasta in the water (that boiled inside dill) and start to boil the spaghetti and the sauce at the some time.
2. Put the pasta to boil:
Use a large pot of at least 3 liters of water to 300g. pasta filling the water boiled inside dill
3. In a large skillet and high heat, heat the oil and within one minute, gradually pour into the onion, anchovies, pine nuts, currants, dill and mix well after each addition material.
4. Immediately after add the wine saffron and vegetable stock and mix for two minutes. If you've never vegetable broth, add 2-3 tablespoons to spoon of soup, of the water where boiled spaghetti.
5. Within three minutes after half has evaporated liquid around, add sardines, mix well and in two minutes the sauce is ready to welcome the paste, stop the pan.
6. When the paste is 1 minutes before the normal time of boiling, the drain and add to the pan with the sauce, not to forget to keep cups or a jug of magical refreshing starchy water from boiling
7. Turn on again the heat to medium intensity and carefully mix the paste with the sauce for at least one minute, to completely tie materials, adding 1 tablespoon, from the boiled pasta water helps in bonding the dressing to the paste.
8. Add over the toasted bread crumbs and chopped parsley.
Without delay, serve the “pasta con le sarde” either the pan or platter of warm dishes, adding over little crumb of toasted bread as is it cheese and chopped parsley. Serve with dry white wine.