Category: Mediterranean Diet, Thessaloniki Recipe.
Preparation time: 50min
The courgette flowers as they are called in the gentlest, is from the rare cases in gastronomy, where the flower turns much tastier fruit. Stuffed courgette flowers and given that squash is a base for delicious Mediterranean dishes, it is not surprising that the courgette flowers covers a higher level morsel for every gourmand.
Classic summer dish of the Greek cuisine that working more like a snack than a main dish, although in my house that we upset, simply because we like a lot. Easy recipe that will require of you on the half hour of preparation plus 20 minutes cooking.
You can substitute dill fennel and add-if you like a little grated fennel in the filling, but my opinion is that oritzinal recipe is slightly better.
- 30 courgette flowers
- 4 small courgettes grated
- ½ carrot grated and the other ½ sliced
- 4-5 green onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh mint
- 3 tbsp chopped dill
- 150 ml ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 1 cup. long grain parboiled rice
- 2.5 cups. Vegetable broth (1 package fresh broth to 2.5 cups of water)
- 1-2 lemons broth
- Prepare and organize all materials next to you. Check that the courgette flowers do not hide any ant or other insect hidden inside them and if necessary wash with soft movements.
- Then in a large pan, put 70 ml. olive oil on medium heat and add the onions, grated carrots and courgettes and sauté, stirring every so often, for 4-5 minutes. Add the rice and stir for another 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat and add dill, mint, salt and pepper. Transfer the filling to a bowl.
- With a large spoon fill one by one courgette flowers as their average about and close above the flower, with a circular motion. Place them directly or large deep skillet or pot, enough to be relatively tightly together.
- Intermediate or above, and add the carrot washers. If, after completing the courgette flowers, have leftover filling, drop between them. Also you can take there and extra courgettes.
- Add the vegetable broth and remaining olive oil and place the pan with stuffed courgette flowers on medium heat. Put on them a plate upside down to push them not to open it and simultaneously help them cook returning vapors in the food. After boil, let simmer stuffed courgette flowers maximum for 20 min. so that the rice be left “alntente”. Remove the plate from above and let them cool off. Add lemon broth depending on your taste.