Category: Mediterranean Diet, Monastic Recipes of Mount Athos.
Serves: 8 - 10
Preparation time: 1h 25min + 2 days marinate
Level: Easy - medium
- 1 kg of anchovies
- 5 tbsp coarse salt
- 1 cup ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 1 / 2 tablespoon oregano
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- Clean the gurrys and the heads of the fishes wash them well.
- Put the fishes in a colander, salt them and leave overnight.
- The next day we put them in a bowl and mix with 5 tablespoons salt.
- Add vinegar, stir well, poured the fish and let 10 hours.
- Then remove the middle bone from the fishes and get the filet.
- Place the filets in glass jar with fennel and oregano between.
- Fill the jar with olive oil.
We cover and save it in a cool place.