Category: Mediterranean Diet, Monastic Recipes of Mount Athos.
Preparation time: 1h 15min
- 1 kg cuttlefish,
- 1 kg spinach,
- 15 spring onions,
- 1 bunch of dill,
- 1 bunch of fennel,
- Some mint leaves,
- 300 gr oil, ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- Black pepper,
- Juice of 1 lemon
- We poach the cuttlefish and we cut them in pieces as we like.
- Then we clean, chop and wash the spinach well. We poach them to, just dip them in boiled water for a while. We get them out and drain them.
- We clean and chop the spring onions, the dill and the fennel. We pour the olive oil in a pan or a tavas and we sauté the spring onions and the cuttlefish.
- Then we add the spinach.
- We add a spoonful of broth from the cuttlefish, as well as the salt.
- When it comes to a boil, we add the dill and the fennel. We don’t pour much broth as the spinach will get its own liquid out and also it boils very quickly.
- We add the spices and we lower the heat. We wait until all the liquids are evaporated and the food stays with its olive oil.
- We add the lemon 1 minute before we remove from heat.
We can add more lemon if we want it to be more sour.