Category: Mediterranean Diet, Athens recipe.
Preparation time: 40min
- 250 g. arborio rice or carolina
- 1 onion
- 2/3 cup of tea ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 7-8 filaments red saffron (krokos from Kozani) $
- zest of 1 small lemon
- 100 g. grated Parmesan or Gruyere
- 1 tbsp butter
- 20g. grated smoked botargo
- 1 dry chili pepper (optional)
- freshly ground pepper
- In a wide, shallow pot, heat olive oil and saute over medium heat until onions are tender but careful not to blacken.
- Add the rice and saute, stirring with a wooden spatula for 1 minute, until you polish the rice with the olive oil and taking care not to burn us.
- Pour in the wine and stir for 1-2 minutes until the alcohol evaporates.
- Gradually add the broth, about 1 cup of tea each time, stirring and waiting to absorb the broth pour, before adding the next dose.
- When we shed about half the broth, add to pot the saffron and lemon zest, if using the pepper, salt, pepper, stir and continue adding broth.
- Cook over medium heat, so the risotto to boil slowly for about 25 minutes total. Check for salt.
- When the rice is done and the risotto has get golden withdraw the saucepan from the heat and add the cheese, butter and botargo. Mix melted butter and cheese, cover the pot for 4-5 minutes and serve adding extra grated botargo.