Category: Mediterranean Diet, Monastic Recipes of Mount Athos.
Preparation time: 1h
(For a fish about 1 1/2kg)
- 5 egg whites
- 5-6 drops of lemon
- 1 1/2 kilos of salt
for lemon olive oil sauce
- 100 g ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 1 sprig parsley
- Clean the belly of the fish from offals. Clean gills and insert a slice of lemon.Do not clean the scales from the skin of the fish.
- Beat the egg whites with the drops of lemon in the blender to make a stiff meringue.
- Mix the salt with the meringue.
- Spread on baking pan, baking paper.
- Spread a layer of the mixture onto the baking paper to sit on the fish.
- Place over the fish and cover with the remaining mixture.
- Press with a spatula to stick well.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Break the salt crust on the side of the head and pull simultaneously peel off the skin with scales.
- Remove the clean up fillet of fish with knife and spatula and place on platter.
- Remove the central bone of the fish and separate the bottom fillet from the skin.
- Serve with lemon and olive oil dressing sauce.