Category: Mediterranean Diet, Monastic Recipes of Mount Athos.
Serves: 6 - 8
Preparation time: 1h 20min
Level: Easy - medium
- 3-4 large eggplant
- 250 g. feta cheese
- 150 g. hard yellow salty cheese
- 5-6 onions
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 glass sweet wine
- 500 g. tomatoes purified
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp oregano
- pepper salt
- 150 g. ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
Prepare the eggplant
- Cut the eggplant into thick slices 2 cm. (The base of the tower) and layers in the pan until it fills and add salt.
- Fry until soft but not melted. Place them in a pan next to one another.
- Cut remaining eggplant into thin slices, add salt and fry until crisp. Put on absorbent paper.
For the sauce napoliten
- Cut the onions in food processor.
- Put in a saucepan the olive oil to heat and sauté the onions.
- Chop garlic and pour into the pot along with the onions.
- When you have sauté then pour in the wine.
- Cut the tomatoes in a food processor.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan along with the tomato paste, oregano, salt, pepper and stir.
- Add 2 cups of water and boil the sauce until drink the fluids.
8. Put a spoonful of sauce over the eggplant - base you already in the pan.
Over the sauce place finely slices of feta cheese.
9. Put over the slice a thin slice of fried eggplant (smaller diameter than the base eggplant).
10. Repeat the process to form a tower of materials.
11. At the top of the tower, add the grated yellow cheese.
12. Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.