Category: Mediterranean Diet, Monastic Recipes of Mount Athos.
Preparation time: 1h
- 1 kg of salted cod
- ½ cup ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 1 bunch of celery
- 4 chopped onions
- 6 peeled cloves of garlic
- 5 potatoes
- 3 spoonfuls of vinegar
- 2 spoonfuls of dill
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the cod into pieces remove its fins and tail and desalt it for 24 hours.
- Spread the celery and the cod pieces on a pan.
- Then add the onion, the olive oil and the water.
- Cook it in high temperature until the sauce gets curdy.
- Before the sauce gets curdy we get 2 ½ cups of the juice which will be useful for the garlic sauce.
- Clean and boil the potatoes and then blend them.
- Melt the garlic in a mortar.
- Mix the puree with the garlic, the salt and pepper, the vinegar, the dill and the juice you got from the fish until it is homogenized.
- Get the pan off the stovetop, pour the garlic sauce on the fish and shake the pan well.