Category: Mediterranean Diet, Monastic Recipes of Mount Athos.
Preparation time: 45min
- 4 fresh onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp of ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 1 big carton of small concentrated tomatoes
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 tbsp of wester sauce (I think that we need for better aftertaste)
- 3 tbsp of red hot pepper
- 3 tbsp of ketchup
- We chop the onions and the garlic and sauté them in the olive oil.
- We remove the seed from the tomatoes, blend them and pour their juice on the onions.
- We add the lemon juice, the wester sauce, the red hot pepper, the ketchup and some salt and then we let the soup be boiled in a low temperature.