Category: Mediterranean Diet, Monastic Recipes of Mount Athos.
Preparation time: 15min + 1h to remove the salt
- 500 gr. spaghetti
- 200 gr. of preserved fish roe
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 3/4 cup ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Put the fish roe in lukewarm water for an hour to remove the salt.
- Sauté in oil the onions and garlic.
- When wilted, add tomatoes, add the fish roe, the bay leaves, salt, pepper, sugar and parsley.
- Boil until "drink" all the water.
- Boil the spaghetti.
- Serve them hot, with a little breadcrumbs and sauce.