Category: Mediterranean Diet, Monastic Recipes of Mount Athos.
Preparation time: 1h
- ½ kilo of green beans
- 1 kilo octopus
- 2 – 3 round sliced carrots
- 3 – 4 leaves of celery
- 1 pepper
- 2 – 3 thick chopped onions
- A fresh tomato
- 3 tbsp ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- After we have soaked, washed and peeled the beans, we start boiling them.
- We also boil the octopus in another pot without putting anything else in it.
- When the green beans are half boiled, we pour the octopus juice on them, all the other ingredients needed and the whole tentacles in the pot, but we don’t mix them.
- When the sauce is boiled down.
- We serve the green beans by cutting the tentacles in small pieces and trimming the whole platter with them.