Category: Mediterranean Diet, Monastic Recipes of Mount Athos.
Preparation time: 1h 20min
- 500 gr. of sheet
- ½ tea cup of ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 750 gr. of milk
- 1 water glass of semolina
- 6 eggs
- 750 gr. of feta cheese
- 1 kilo of peppers
- 5-6 tomatoes
- salt, pepper
- 200 gr. of fresh butter (to spread it on the phyllo)
- 1 water glass of milk
- In a pot, we put the olive oil and the semolina and mix them continuously in a medium temperature until the mixture is curdy enough.
- As soon as this cream is cold, we beat the eggs and add them to the cream.
- Then we add the grated cheese and the pepper.
- We fry the peppers for a while and then remove their seeds and cut them in small pieces.
- We sauté the butter and the sliced tomatoes.
- We lay half of the sheets gently on the baking pan and butter each one with a brush.
- We spread the cheese mixture on the sheet nd put the peppers and the tomatoes on the top of it.
- We cover the pie with the rest of the phyllo and sprinkle the last phyllo with a little milk.
- We bake the pie in 200 degrees.