Category: Mediterranean Diet, Santorini island recipe.
Serves: 4 - 6
Preparation time: 25min + 1h rest
- 800 g. zucchini
- 2 green onions
- 2 tbsp. Chopped dill
- 2 tbsp. Chopped mint
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of tea grated Parmesan
- 4 tbsp. Ouzo
- 5-6 tbsp. Flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup.^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- freshly ground pepper
- Wash zucchini and grate the zucchini in thick side of the grater.
- Put them in a colander and salt them. Leave them at least 1 hour in a colander. After 1 hour, squeeze with your hands to take out the extra fluids.
- Cut the onions into rings.
- In a bowl add the grated zucchini, spring onions, dill, mint, egg, garlic, ouzo, salt, pepper and stir.
- Add flour or as needed so that the mixture is not too tight but simply to hold the materials together.
- Heat thoroughly olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. With a tablespoon get mixture from the bowl and pour carefully into the pan.
- Fry for a few minutes on both sides until golden zucchini a nice golden color.
- Remove the zucchini bowls from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper before serving to drain the excess olive oil.