Category: Mediterranean Diet, Rome recipe.
Preparation time: 50min
- 4 tbsp ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 1 large chopped onion
- 500 g. Tomatoes cut into cubes
- 225 g. Green zucchini peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 medium carrots into small cubes
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.2 liters of chicken broth or water (= 5 cups.)
- 4 tbsp basil into thin strips (if you do not use mint or parsley)
- 2/3 - 1 cup. grated (on a grater) Parmesan
- salt and freshly ground pepper
In comfortable saucepan heat the olive oil over medium heat, put the onion and cook to soften for 5 minutes without browning. Add the remaining vegetables except the basil and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid sticking of.
Complete the minestrone:
Pour the broth (or water), bring to a boil, add salt, pepper and then lower the heat and cook for 15 min. until vegetables are tender. If necessary, add a little more water or broth. Taste and correct salt and pepper. Remove, add the basil (or mint or parsley) and half of cheese.