Category: Mediterranean Diet, Roma recipe.
Preparation time: 3h
For the veal:
- 200 g. ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 1.8 kg. of veal shank, cut into thick slices 4 cm.
- 150 g. onion, chopped
- 100 g. carrots, cut into small frames
- 80 g. celery, cut into small frames
- 5g. garlic, finely chopped
- 50 g. tomato paste
- 120 g. red wine
- 1kg beef stock
- 10g. parsley
- 10g. thyme
- 5g. rosemary
- Season with salt veal shank and the 2 sides. Heat a skillet over high heat, add half the olive oil and sauté the meat until you get good color on all sides. We keep an edge and throw the fat from the pan.
- Pour the remaining olive oil and sauté the carrots with the onion until golden intense color.
- Add the celery and garlic, stirring constantly. Just smell the garlic, add the tomato paste and continue for 2 more minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until it evaporates. Add the broth and meat, bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat.
- Add the spices and cook, covered saucepan over low heat until the meat is tender. Alternatively, place in pan and cook covered in oven at 140 ° C.
- Then strain the broth and keep aside the pieces of the veal. Bring the broth to skillet and cook until condense and thickens (skimming and removing fat during).
- Add the meat to the concentrated broth and cook until icing Season with salt if necessary.