Category: Mediterranean Diet, Chios Recipe.
Preparation time: 40min + 45min rest
- 800 gr. minced beef or beef mixed with pork
- 3 slices of stale bread soaked and squeezed
- 2 large onions grated
- 1 ripe and firm tomatoes grated
- 2 tbs wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp ouzo
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbs chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- salt freshly ground pepper
- ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $ for frying
- flour for frying
- In a bowl put the meat and drizzle with vinegar and ouzo. Vinegar and ouzo will break the fibers of the meat and fluffy meatballs.
- Make a hole in the ground meat and add all remaining ingredients, bread soaked and grated. Grate the onions over the meat because we need their fluids into the dough. Grate and tomato, we break the egg, add the herbs and season.
- Knead very well the mixture of minced meat, until no longer has lumps and has fluffy well.
- Cover and leave the meat in the refrigerator at least 45min. The more we let it in refrigerator the more wonderful it would smell the meatballs.
- Shape medium meatballs with hands. Their flour, shake them to leave the excess flour and fry in olive oil for about 3min. on each side, until browned.
- Drain meatball at paper towel and serve with fried potatoes and salad.