Category: Mediterranean Diet, Creta Recipe.
Preparation time: 50min
- 500 g. okras purified
- 100 ml. ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 30 ml. balsamic vinegar
- 400 g. chopped tomato
- ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cut the stems from the okras, wash them, drain, pour over 2-3 tbsp vinegar, stir and leave for 1/2 hour.
- In medium heat, heat the olive oilin a saucepan and sauté the chopped onion with the sugar, stirring every so often for 4-5 min. Add the okras and saute with onion for another 5 min.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, stir 1 minute and add the tomato and hot water (to 400 ml.), salt and pepper and stir again.
- In 20 min. stir again and add the parsley. In the next 15 min. the okras be ready. Remove the saucepan from the eye of the kitchen and let the food at least 10-20 min. before serving,
- Once the temperature drops, sprinkle top with a pinch of chopped parsley and serve accompanied with feta cheese and bread.