Category: Mediterranean Diet, Corfu Recipe
Preparation time: 1h 50min
- 1,800 gr of meat beef (rump medallion) cut into thin slices 0.5 cm thick
- 300 ml. white wine
- 150 ml. white Balsamico
- 200g. flour
- 500 ml. hot beef stock
- 200 ml. ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup of chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Put the flour in a pan and add 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper and stir them all. Pass one by one slice of meat from the flour to cover completely.
- In a large wide nonstick pot, pour the olive oil over high heat when burned, adding doses per floured slices of beef to fry. Turn the slices every min. with forceps for about 3-4 min. until it becomes the characteristic crust outside. Remove them to a bowl or pan
- Reduce heat and add the chopped garlic and after 30" carefully add the balsamic vinegar and then immediately the wine.
- Put the slices of meat back to the pan, spreading them across the surface, in layers. Immediately after adding the beef stock to almost cover the top layer of meat and if necessary add a little more hot water.
- Leave "Sofrito" simmer over very low heat for 1 hour, stirring every 20 min. In one hour add salt and pepper, then add the parsley. Let it simmer for another 15 min, until the sauce is on your thick and the meat is cut with a fork. The fire must be very low to not get stuck the food in the bottom. Let it rested before serving for at least 20 min.
- Accompanied by fried potatoes into thin slices or rice.