Category: Mediterranean Diet, Corfu Recipe
Preparation time: 2h 10min.
- 2 kg beef
- 1 kg thick spaghetti number 5
- 2 tbsp butter Corfu type (savoy)
- ½ cup ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 5 large onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Red hot chili pepper in an amount of your choice
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 4 tbsp of tomato paste
- ¾ cup red wine
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp "Spetsieri" **
**: Spetsieri is, mixture of cinnamon powder, cloves, nutmeg, bay leaf and cumin
- Cut the meat into pieces, wash it, put it in a deep pan with oil and fry well.
- Add the onion, continue frying and add slowly to the vinegar.
- Lower heat enough and simmer until the meat is tender.
- Then add the garlic, 2 tsp "Spetsieri", sauté all together and douse with wine.
- Add hot water to cover the meat, cover the pot and allow to boil over low heat.
- When the meat is quite soft, add the tomato paste dissolved in a little warm water, salt and cook until the sauce thickens too.
- Meanwhile boil the pasta, calculating the food to be ready at the same time, strain and Zematas butter Corfu.
- In "Skoutela '(platter-bowl) that will serve, put sauce (not all) and stir the pasta. Pour grated cheese (gruyere if found Corfu), meat and finally the remaining sauce.