Category: Mediterranean Diet, Corfu Recipe.Serves: 6
Preparation time: 35min
- 1 1/2 kg mussels in shell
- 1/2 red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups rice (carolina type)
- 1 cup ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Some parsley, finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced (without skins)
- Wash the mussels and brush them. Keep only the closed and throw anything to find unopened. Remove the "mustache".
- Boil them in boiling water for 5 min. Put them with a slotted spoon and keep the broth. Keep the interior and throw the shells, besides fifteen which we keep for decoration.
- Sauté in a saucepan the onion and red chili with olive oil and pour in the mussels.
- Sauté for a while and add the wine.
- In a 2-3 minutes, add the tomatoes and 4 cups the broth from the mussels. Add salt and pepper and boil for 10 minutes.
- Then add the rice and boil all together until the rice is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Serve by placing in the dish some shelled mussels and finish with parsley.