Category: Mediterranean Diet, Corfu Recipe.Serves: 6
Preparation time: 1hr 45min
Level: Easy - Medium
- 1 1/2 kg leeks
- 7 thick pastry sheets
- 8 tbsp ^eleon^ organic extra virgin olive oil $
- 3 eggs (whipped)
- 200 gr feta cheese
- 1 bunch of dill, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch mint, finely chopped
- Salt / Pepper
- Clean, wash and cut and leeks. Cut lengthwise in half and then into pieces about 1cm.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a deep frying pan and sauté the leeks. This process will take about 30 min. or until you feel that the leeks are wilted and almost thoroughly cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Allow leeks to cool slightly. In the meantime, you can smeared the pan or ovenproof dish with olive oil, and break it in the bottom 4 of the pastry sheets.
- Pour the eggs into the pan with the leeks and stir well to go everywhere (keep a little beaten egg at the end). Then pour the dill and mint, and feta cheese and stirring again. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper according to your taste, and mix. Attention to salt because feta is already salty.
- Place the mixture in the dish of leeks previously layer sheet and spread evenly over its entire extent.
- Spread remaining pastry sheets above mixture, and fold them together with part of the sheets left over from the bottom of the receptacle to "close" the cake, and "sealed" the mixture through the leaves. As you apply the leaves brush again with olive oil. At the end rub the top of the last leaf with whipped egg .
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180 C, preferably in position with the upper and lower resistors for approximately 50 min, or until the sheet appears undercooked and crunchy.
- Remove the pie from the oven and allow to cool slightly.