Category: Mediterranean Diet, Sifnos Recipe.
Preparation time: 1η 50min
For the dough:
- 4 tea cups flour
- 1 tea cup ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bekin powder
Water as needed the dough
For the filling:
- 6 tea cups unsalted cheese (ricotta cheese)
- 3 tea cups honey
- 1 tea cup sugar
- 10 eggs
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 8 tbsp flour
- Cinnamon for sprinkling
- Stir together flour, sugar, salt and bekin powder in a large bowl. Work in olive oil until the mixture becomes crumbly. Stir in water a tablespoon at a time, just until the dough comes together and is no longer dry. Form into a ball, and wrap with plastic; refrigerate 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and line a pie pan. Trim excess from the edges of the pan. Pierce the bottom of the dough several times with a fork, then set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar flour, and half of the cinnamon; continue beating until firm peaks form. Beat in honey, then fold in ricotta cheese until evenly combined. Pour the filling into the prepared pie shell and smooth the top of the pie with a moistened knife.
- Bake in preheated oven until the center is set and the top is dark golden brown, 50 to 60 minutes. Once finished, remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.