Category: Mediterranean Diet, Santorini Recipe.
Preparation time: 2h 30min
- 1 1/2 kg beef (shoulder)
- 1 can condensed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 1 packed 500 g kritharaki (barley shaped pasta)
- Grated cheese
- Under running cold water rinse the meat, dry it and cut into pieces.
- Place the meat into gastra (lidded pot) and pour the tomato from the can, the olive oil, salt, pepper, two cups of water and the onion.
- Cover and bake at 200⁰C for 50 minutes.
- Lower heat to 160⁰C and cook for 60 minutes.
- Check if meat is cooked and then put the kritharaki in with two cups of water.
- After 20 minutes check again if it needs more and pour half cup olive oil.
- Cover and bake for 15min.
- Serve with grated cheese.