Category: Mediterranean Diet, Corfu Recipe
Preparation time: 2h
- 4 large aubergines
- 500 gr. minced beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup of tea ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 1/2 cup of tea white wine
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. Chopped basil
- hard cheese for sprinkling
- freshly ground pepper
for the bechamel:
- 3 tbsp. Flour
- 3 tbsp. ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 1/2 liter of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. Grated gruyere
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- Wash the eggplants and cut them in half lengthwise. Empty with a spoon enough crumbs from the interior. Finely chop the eggplant flesh and keep aside in a bowl.
- Grease the eggplant well with a brush and add pepper and salt. Bake in preheated oven for 30 min. at 200 °C.
- In a pan, heat 3 tbsp. olive oil and saute the onion for 2 min. Add the garlic and the flesh of the eggplant and continue sautéing for 3-4 min. until the eggplant is tender. Add the minced meat and continue sautéing for 8-10 minutes until the mince to drink fluids and browned.
- Extinguish the meat with wine and leave for 1 min. to evaporate the alcohol.
- Peel and chop the tomatoes.
- Tempers the heat, add the tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper and cook for 10-15 min. In the end we want the sauce to be left without liquid in the pan.
for the bechamel:
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil, add the flour and stir with wire for 1-2 minutes until flour get blond color.
- Add the milk gradually, stirring constantly and vigorously with the wire until you have a thick and velvety cream.
- Extinguish the fire, add salt, nutmeg, egg and mix.
- And finally add the cheese and stir for the last time.
First spread the sauce of the meat eggplant. Spread the bechamel and sprinkle with cheese. Bake in preheated oven at 180 °C for 40 min.