Category: Mediterranean Diet, Corfu Recipe
Preparation time: 1h 10min
- 1 1/2 kilo fish red mullet
- 1/2 kilo onions
- 1 cup ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste dissolved in a glass of water
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 kilo small onions for stew
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Clean, wash the fish and sprinkle it with salt.
- Sauté the onions in half of the olive oil for 10 min. until wilted. Then add the garlic, the dissolved tomato paste and paprika and simmer for half an hour.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in another pan and saute the small onions until browned.
- Add the sautéed onions, fish, tomato paste, bay leaf and simmer for 20 min.
- Sprinkle with pepper and parsley and serve.