Category: Mediterranean Diet, Chios Recipe.Serves: 4
Preparation time: 1h 35min
Level: Easy - medium
- 800 gr. beef
- 1 kg. quinces
- 4 tbsp ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 100 g. butter
- 2 liter chicken stock homemade
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp of sugar cane
- 2 cinnamon stick
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cut the quinces vertically into eight slices, remove their skins.
- Heat the butter, brown quinces turning until the get a nice golden brown color.
- Drain quinces in a colander.
- Heat the olive oil over medium - high heat and brown the meat from all sides. Salt and pepper, add the chicken broth and just boil add the cinnamon, lower the temperature, cover and cook until the meat is tender.
- Remove the beef from the pot and set aside, add the quinces in broth, honey, sugar, stir, cover, cook for 15 min.
- Add back the meat, boil together for 15 min. remove the beef platter and quinces.
- Increase heat, boil the sauce for 15 min. until reduced enough, pour over the food.