Category: Mediterranean Diet, Sifnos Recipe.
Preparation time: 40min
- 800g skinless almonds
- 400 g sugar
- 4 egg
- 1 tea cup rosewater
- icing sugar for sprinkling
- Grind the almonds in a blender Whitish until they become like flour. Do not put it all together, but little by little into 2 or 3 doses.
- Beat the egg whites into meringue. Joining in a large bowl the almonds with the sugar.
Stir thoroughly to make the mixture homogeneous.
- Stir in the beaten egg and knead the mixture is like bread dough. Shaped by hand or small marzipan balls in the shape of a pear.
- The baked in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 oC. Take them out, let them cool completely for at least 6 hours, sprinkle with your hand with rosewater and sprinkle with icing sugar.