Category: Mediterranean Diet, Cretan Recipe.Serves: 4
Preparation time: 1h 35min
Recipe & photo by Elena Paravantes**
- 5-6 small zucchini
- 1/2 cup ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 3 cloves garlic sliced thinly
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- Chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven at 180 C
2. Wash the zucchini (do not peel), cut the edges slightly.
3. Thinly slice garlic.
4. Make long slit in the zucchini lengthwise deep enough to stuff it with garlic. Stuff with garlic.
5. Place zucchini and tomatoes in pan or casserole dish.
6. Pour over the olive oil
7. Add salt, pepper and parsley and turn zucchini so they are covered in the olive oil.
8. Cook in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the skin is soft. Serve whole or cut in small pieces. Accompany with feta cheese and bread.
**: Elena Paravantes is an award winning Registered Dietitian, Nutritionist and Writer specializing in the Mediterranean Diet. She has been active in the field of food and nutrition for over 15 years as a clinical dietitian, food and nutrition consultant, writer, teacher and lecturer, both in the U.S. and in Greece. Elena firmly believes in the wide-ranging health benefits of the Mediterranean Diet and is committed to educating the public about the wholesome food plan she grew up with through her writing, teaching and lecturing.
Luxury Olive Oil family co.