Category: Mediterranean Diet, Cretan Recipe.Serves: 6-8
Preparation time: 1hr 45min
- Place the eggs, olive oil, milk, salt and two cups of flour in a bowl.
- Work the mixture by gradually adding the equivalent amount of flour and knead into a dough.
- Check its density by hand and knead on a floured surface for 4-5 minutes. Cover with a linen cloth and let it rest, until you prepare the stuffing.
- Combine the finely chopped spinach and parsley in a big bowl. Dip your hands in plenty of salt and rub the spinach and parsley, until they shrivel up and acquire a vivid, deep green colour.
- Mix them with the finely chopped onions, spearmint, pepper and sour mizithra cheese.
- Divide the dough in half. Mix the finely chopped spinach and parsley in a big bowl. Slightly oil a round baking pan and lay the pastry sheet, so that an overhang is created.
- Empty the filling onto the pastry sheet and spread it uniformly with a spoon. Cover with a second pastry sheet and fold it around attaching the one with the other.
- Brush the pie with the beaten yolk. Sprinkle sesame over it and bake for 40-45 minutes at 180oC. Let the pie cool before cutting. It can also be eaten cold.
Luxury Olive Oil family co.