Category: Mediterranean Diet, Cretan Recipe.Serves: 4
Preparation time: 1h 20min
- 1 kilo snails
- 1 large bunch fennel
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 1 cup ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse meticulously snails under plenty of tap water and let them boil in some saltwater for 5 minutes.
- Take them out with a ladle, put them into a colander and pour off any excess liquid.
- Saute the onion with the olive oil in a saucepan, add the fennel, stir and extinguish with wine.
- Add 1 cup of water and let food simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Then add the potatoes, snails, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Continue boiling for 30 minutes over moderate heat. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
Luxury Olive Oil family co.