Category: Mediterranean Diet, Cretan Recipe.Serves: 4 - 6
Preparation time: 40min
- 1 cup semolina
- ½ cup ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 100 gr blanched almonds
- 50 gr raisins
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 ½ cups of water
- Zest of a lemon
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the semolina. Mix well until the semolina begins to roast and take on a dark brown colour.
- In another pan, boil the water with the sugar, stirring it for about 5 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and then add the lemon zest.
- When the syrup is ready add it slowly to the pan containing the halva, and let it boil for a little while until the semolina has absorbed it. At the same time, add the almonds and the raisins.
- Cover the halva with a clean tea towel and let it cool.
- Serve dusted with the cinnamon.
Luxury Olive Oil family co.