* Mizithra or Myzithra is a traditional, unpasteurized fresh soft cheese made with milk and whey from sheep and/or goats. The ratio of milk to whey usually is 7 to 3.
It is primarily produced on the island of Crete, but other areas in Greece also produce it.
- Cinnamon and honey
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough and knead the dough until it is very soft. Let it rise.
- After it has risen, dip your hands in water and take a small piece of dough (the size of an apricot), make it round, open it slightly in the middle, fill it with a tbsp. of mizithra cheese and close it again.
- With wet hands place it on a non-stick frying pan with some oil and start pressing it with your hand from the center to the edges of the pan.
- Fry it until it browns on both sides.
- Serve with cinnamon and honey.
Luxury Olive Oil family co.