- Place water, baking soda, salt, olive oil, cinnamon and grated lemon rind into a skillet and boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the flour and stir constantly with a wooden ladle, until the mixture starts to detach from the walls of the skillet.
- Remove the skillet from the fire, let cool for a while and add the eggs while stirring constantly.
- Heat the oil in a skillet; spoon small balls of dough using a wet spoon so that the dough does not stick and place them in the olive oil.
- Fry them until golden brown, take them out with a perforated skimmer and transfer them onto a serving plate.
- Prepare the syrup by combining all ingredients in one skillet.
- Boil for 10 minutes, remove the cinnamon, the cloves and the grated lemon rind and add a wine glass of cognac.
- Pour the syrup over the loukoumades. Instead of syrup, you can use confectioner’s sugar mixed with cinnamon to dredge the loukoumades.
Luxury Olive Oil family co.