Category: Mediterranean Diet, Cretan Recipe.Serves: 6-8
Preparation time: 2hr 10min
- Place the olive oil, yeast (dissolved in 1 cup tepid water), salt and flour into a bowl and work the mixture gradually adding some tepid water. Knead into a smooth and soft dough.
- Allow it to stand for about 20 minutes and prepare the stuffing.
- Finely chop the leeks, salt them and rub them in order to obtain a deep green mass.
- After straining the liquids well mix them with the feta cheese, beaten eggs, olive oil and pepper.
- Roll out 7 pastry sheets and brush both sides with oil.
- Spread out 3 of them on an oiled baking pan. Lay the 1/3 of the filling and cover with a new pastry sheet.
- Continue successively and top with two oiled leaves.
- Fold the part of the pastry sheets that is overhanging, score the pie, oil its surface and bake in preheated oven at 170oC for about 60 minutes.
Luxury Olive Oil family co.