Category: Mediterranean Diet, Cretan Recipe.Serves: 4
Preparation time: 1h 35min
Level: Easy - Medium
- Let the beans soak in water for 8 hours.
- Boil them in a pot for 25 minutes; strain and rinse them under tap water.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and saute them in olive oil.
- Add the finely chopped celery, carrot slices, tomato paste (dissolved in water), spices, sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir and add 1 cup of water. Boil the sauce for 20 minutes approximately.
- Place the giant beans in a baking pan and pour the sauce over them.
- Garnish the beans with the tomato slices; season with a little salt and pepper and bake for 30-40 minutes at 180oC. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Luxury Olive Oil family co.