Category: Mediterranean Diet, Cretan Recipe.
Serves: 6 to 8
Preparation time: 2hr 10min
Level: Easy - medium
- Grate the courgettes, sprinkle them with salt and leave them in a sieve to drain. Press out the water from them with your hands.
- Meanwhile, crumble the cheese and mix together with the beaten eggs.
- Mix together the courgettes with the cheese, finely chop and add the mint.
Make the pastry as follows:
- Beat together the margarine and yogurt in a bowl and add the flour.
- Knead into a dough suitable for rolling out into sheets.
- Form the dough into a ball, cover with a tea towel and leave to rest for ½ hour.
- Divide the dough into two parts, one a little larger.
- Roll out into two dough sheets and spread the larger of the two in a buttered or oiled baking dish, so that the pastry covers the sides of the dish and hangs over.
- Spread the filling on top of the pastry and cover with the second dough sheet, pressing together the top and bottom sheets to seal.
- Oil the surface, score it and sprinkle over the sesame.
- Bake the pie in a moderate oven until the surface is well-browned.
Luxury Olive Oil family co.