Category: Mediterranean Diet, Cretan Recipe.Serves: 4
Preparation time: 1h
- Soak the broad beans in water for 9 hours.
- Strain and boil them in a pot with a lot of fresh water for 20 minutes. Strain and let them cool a little. Place the broad beans in another pot and top them with fresh water.
- Boil them for 10 more minutes. Strain again and let them cool.
- Remove their shells and put them in a pot along with two cups of water and salt. Cook them, but do not cover the pot.
- Stir the broad beans with a wooden ladle occasionally, until they absorb their juice and turn tender.
- If need be, add a little water and stir, until the beans turn to puree.
- Serve the puree warm.
- Top each puree dish with one tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkle with a little lemon juice and finely chopped onion and pepper to taste.
Luxury Olive Oil family co.