Category: Mediterranean Diet, Cretan Recipe.Serves: 6
Preparation time: 1hr 30min + 12h marinate
- Wash the meat, season it with salt and leave it to marinate for one night in the refrigerator.
- Next day, wipe the meat, make some incisions into it and push slivers of garlic into them.
- Pour over the olive oil, scatter over pepper and thyme, and roast the lamb in the oven at 200 C.
- When it is ready, take the juices from the pan and beat them together with the yogurt and the beaten eggs.
- Remove the meat from the bone, and if liked, transfer it from the roasting tin to a more closed vessel, such as a clay pot.
- Pour over the yogurt sauce.
- Return the meat to the oven for about half an hour until the sauce has thickened and the yogurt has taken on a colour.