Category: Mediterranean Diet, Cretan Recipe.
Serves: 4Preparation time: 35min
- 2 bunches fennel
- 2 fish (half a kilo each)
For the sauce:
- A small lemon, juiced
- 3/4 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil $
- 1 teaspoon fennel, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh tomato
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Layer the fennel on a grill.
- Clean and wash the fish very well. Salt inside and outside and place them over the layer of fennels on the grill with the burnt out charcoal.
- Grill for 12 minutes and when the flesh starts to separate from the backbone, remove the fish from the grill and place on a serving plate.
- Clean the fish and sprinkle with the sauce which should be prepared as follows: put the olive oil, the lemon juice, tomato sauce, fennel in a big glass jar that seals well and season with salt and pepper.
- Seal the jar and shake well to obtain a uniform mixture.