Category: Mediterranean Diet, Cretan Recipe.
Serves: 4 to 6Preparation time: 50min
- 1 kilo cuttlefish
- 1 glass extra virgin olive oil ^eleon^ $
- 2 onions
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 kilo rice
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Clean and rinse the cuttlefish or octopus and saute in olive oil with the onions.
- Boil for a while, add the ground tomatoes, salt, pepper and simmer for about an hour.
- Add the required amount of water in the pot (2.5 cups of broth for each cup of rice).
- Bring to a boil, add the rice and let boil stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, cover with a clean towel and leave aside for 10 minutes before serving.