Category: Mediterranean Diet, Cretan Recipe.
Serves: 6-8Preparation time: 1h 45min
- Prepare and wash the fish and the vegetables.
- Cut the carrots, celery, potatoes and onion into medium-sized pieces and leave the courgettes whole.
- Half-fill a saucepan with water and add the extra virgin olive oil, carrots, onions and celery.
- Boil for about 15 minutes and then add the potatoes, courgettes, fish and seasonings.
- After about half an hour, when the fish and vegetables have cooked, remove them from the pan with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
- If liked, retain about half of the vegetables and one piece of the fish, pulp them through a sieve and add them to the liquid in the pan.
- Bring to the boil and add the rice. Leave to cook for 20 minutes until soft and then turn off the heat.
- Make the egg and lemon mixture: Beat the yolks of the eggs and without stopping gradually add the lemon juice and a little of the soup.
- Now pour the mixture into the pan, stir well, and the soup is ready.