Category: Mediterranean Diet, Cretan Recipe.Serves: 2
Preparation time: 5min
- 2 tablespoons finest quality extra virgin olive oil "eleon" $
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (only!)
- crusty bread, for dunking
- sea urchin roe, from six female sea urchins
- In a little bowl, empty the sea urchin roe and juices and 'dress' with the EVOO and lemon juice.
- Enjoy with little husks of the best bread you can find.
Dip the bread into the roe and juices to sop up some liquid, then top off with a little of the roe. Enjoy with sips of a very dry, cold white wine.
Nutritional Facts for Ahinosalata (Sea Urchin Roe Meze)
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Calories from Fat 121 10%
Total Fat 13.5 g 20%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g 9%
Cholesterol 0.0 mg 0%
Sodium 0.3 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0.0 g 0%
Sugars 0.1 g 0%
Protein 0.0 g 0%