Category: Mediterranean Diet, Cretan Recipe.
Serves: 4 to 6Preparation time: 1hr 15min
- 1 kilo squid
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil ^eleon^ $
- 1-2 onions
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 kilo stewed greens (giachnerà) and spinach
- 1/2 kilo tomatoes or 2 lemons
- Clean and wash the squid.
- Place them in a pot without adding any water, as they will produce their own liquid.
- When their liquid is completely absorbed, add the olive oil, onions, the coarsely cut garlic, as well as the dill.
- Add a little water and boil.
- Then blanch the greens and add them into the pot.
- Pour the lemon juice or tomato and pepper and let them boil, until all liquid is absorbed.