Category: Mediterranean Diet, Cretan Recipe.
Serves: 2Preparation time: 10min
This dish is native to Crete. They are very good and no cooking is involved.
- 4 barley rusks
- 10 tablespoons ^eleon^ - Extra virgin olive oil $
- 2 tablespoons fennel, finely chopped
- 1 cup cracked green olives (tsakistès), remove pits and cut flesh into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, freshly grated
- Salt, coarse grain, to taste
- Use a bowl to mix the cut olives, fennel, lemon rind and salt.
- Dip the ‘Dakos’ rusks in water and then let them dry.
- Pour a olive oil over them, sprinkle them with lemon juice and top them with the mixture of olives. Serve immediately.