Category: Mediterranean Diet, Cretan Recipe.Serves: 10 - 12 times
Preparation time: 8h
- 400g ^eleon^ extra virgin olive oil $
- 1 kilo anchovies
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- Wash the anchovies and remove the intestines and the heads.
- Salt and place in a bowl.
- Add vinegar, cover with a dish and let stand for 4 hours.
- Strain off the vinegar, slice lengthwise with a knife and remove the central bone. Immerse filets in vinegar again and let them stand for another 2 hours, until they turn white.
- Next, remove from vinegar and place in a glass jar.
- Cover with olive oil and store in a cool place or in the refrigerator up to 5 – 6 months.
- Add 1 finely chopped clove of garlic in every 2 or 3 servings of anchovies when serving.